Stats Tracker

Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13, Class over

My last class was yesterday, so I threw a party.  Three of us had August birthdays and one miracle baby of one of my students was born last August.  It was fun.  I felt I got to know my 5 students well.  Small classes have their advantages.  But as I said it was intense, teaching 5 hours a day.  It will be fun to introduce them to you because they are all fascinating people with very diverse backgrounds.  So after class one of my students, the happy one in the front on the right, took me out to Kibera, the largest slum in the world.  Her husband pastors a church there.  It was a wrenching experience, but I also saw the church of Jesus has planted itself right in the middle of this plight and is helping many.  There was light in the darkness.  I return home tomorrow.  Today I will spend the day with my cousin's son, Rich.  He and his family work in Africa and just happen to be in Nairobi.  I have missed my family, my church, and friends, but part of me loves being here.  By the way, for all you who have been praying for me, my body is healing.  I feel much better than I did a week ago.  So thank you.  See you soon, John

No comments:

Post a Comment