Stats Tracker

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Home Again

I arrived home Monday night after a little over 30 hours in the air and in airports.  It was good to see my family and I am glad I am home, but as I said to Syl and the girls, part of me wants to be in Africa.  I love the many friends and students I have met and I feel I have contributed something, perhaps small, to their faith and understanding of pastoral ministry.  However, my calling is here and I see my ventures into Africa's mission as rare opportunities that our Lord has presented me with.  I am grateful Syl was able to go.  She sees what keeps drawing me back and someday maybe we will be blessed to return.  I am deeply grateful for my hosts in Nairobi, Sam and Elizabeth Ngewa.  They are my brother and sister in Christ and have taught me much.  I am grateful as well to my cousin's wife, Sheila Dilworth.  It was Sheila who first gave me an invitation to come and who has contributed immensely to my life over the years.  My last pictures are of them and also of Sheila's son, Rich, and daughter-in-law, Trish.  They too are serving in Africa and my last Saturday was with them and their 6 children.  It was fun.  So again thank you for your many prayers.  I came back healthier than I was most of the time there.  So as we all must learn, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness."
My friends and hosts, Sam and Elizabeth Ngewa



Sheila's grandkids


Rich and Trish, Sheila's son and daughter-in-law




No comments:

Post a Comment