Stats Tracker

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 9, Nunguni

High in the hills southeast of Nairobi is a town called Nunguni.  Dr. Sam grew up here and on Sunday we headed up there.  I was going to say a prayer of dedication for their new building, which our church helped build.  Only half way up the pastor called and the guest pastor couldn't come, so you guessed it, I preached.  My text, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness."  It was the best I could do.  The building is beautiful.  They did a wonderful work.  The people were warm and welcoming.  I have gotten to know some of them and their two pastors, Pastor James and Pastor Ruth are doing a great job.  So here are some pictures.  I will tell you more later.  I am in the midst of teaching a very intensive course, 5 hours a day for five days.  Pray for me. 
This is the front of the church as you walk in.  Very beautiful!
This is the children's side of the church.  I tried to get them to smile.
This is the adult side.  Some smiled.  Sam's mother is in the third row middle.
Inside of church from front.  Note floor is done and windows. Our gift  helped with both.
And the children.  Does it look like it was cold?  It was.  Kenya is not warm in August, but no rain.  They need our prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment