Stats Tracker

Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5, Time to Pray

Sorry its been a few days to update.  I had to celebrate my birthday on August 3.  Sam and Elizabeth Ngewa, my hosts threw a fun party.  Elizabeth baked me a pumpkin pie from scratch, and then they sang a new version of Happy Birthday I had not heard.  They have been very kind.  Then for a birthday present I got a nasty cold.  I haven't had a cold in years, so the bugs here must be mean little viruses seeking new blood to attack.  Last night I taught my second Homiletics class and learned as much as I gave.  It was great fun.  It is a small, but diverse class, two scientists, an attorney, two young pastors, and an American working at a mission organization here in Nairobi.  Then I went home and took as much medication as I could find to try and make it through the night.  Thankfully Sam, my host, had some cough syrup that helped immensely.  The next big event is to go up into the coffee hills, south of Nairobi, to a town called Nunguni, where I will take pictures of the church we helped to build.  I will participate in the service and probably eat a delicious traditional African meal.  It will be fun as long as my cold improves and Sam's car doesn't leak to much exhaust.  Then Monday I begin a class on Theology of Ministry.  I do covet your prayers and know that I continue to pray for you, my church family.
Can you believe this.  I am freezing in Nairobi.  We have had fires for the last 3 days.
For my birthday Elizabeth made a pumpkin pie from real pumpkins.
Now I am going to eat it!! And they sang happy birthday in a version I never heard.

Sam and Elizabeth's house on campus of African International University.


My happy class on homiletics.  I made them smile.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Pumpkin Pie! What do you want us to make for your birthday when you come home?

    ReplyDelete